Saturday, November 22, 2008

My letter to Burt's Bees


Dear Burt's Bees,

My name is Sarah Bertrand, and I'm writing this letter to inform you, as well as your bee minions, that you have pollenated my life with inconvenience. This is a sticky situation, that I hope you can rectify. Everyone is aware that bees are known for their trickery and mystique, but I also believed that they were known for their stellar work ethic and positive attitudes. I was devastated to find out that I was wrong.
On Tuesday November 11, 2008, I sauntered over to the local Shopper's Drug Mart. After comparing each individual tube and pot of chapstick and lip balm, I decided to purchase Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm. I decided on the pot of lip balm, because I felt as though I could control a more even balm distribution; also, the bumble bee adorning the front of the pot made me feel proud and safe.
I was delighted with my new find, and felt that the 45 minutes I had spent in the lip care aisle was well worth it. I knew in my heart that this brand would best suit my chapped lip needs; plus I had heard positive reviews in the past, so I was extremely content with my find.
As I hastily sped home, shoving anyone in my path off of the sidewalk like a manic hurricane, I balled up my receipt and threw it away into oncoming traffic, making peace with the reality that it wouldn't be needed; I would experience 100% customer satisfaction.
Now Burt, when I got home, used my Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm, and it felt phenomenal. My lips tingled with excitement, and I can honestly say I had never in my life felt as good as I did as when I smeared that lip balm all over my lips in an overzealous trance. It worked great once, even twice. But after that, as I attempted with my delicate yet capable fingers to pry open the cap, I found that my efforts were futile. It is literally impossible to remove the lid from the container. I have been trying for four days to do so, and I recognize that I have to admit defeat. Burt, my lips are cracked with animosity and they demand vengeance. Or retribution. All I ask is for a replacement pot of Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm or chapstick, and possibly one or two of your magic bees to do my bidding. I thank you for your consideration, and look forward to a response.

Sincerely,
Sarah Bertrand
***REPLY: November 19/2008***

RE: Product inquiry for Beeswax Lip Balm
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:02 AM
From: "information"
To: sarahbertrand13@yahoo.com

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to email us the experience you had with the Lip Balm Tin. Your comments and concerns are always appreciated and extremely important to us.
At Burt’s Bees, product quality is our highest priority. We will share the product information you have provided and your particular concerns with our Quality Assurance team who will investigate this issue further. Please send us your address by reply email and we will also send a brand new product. You do not need to send your product back to us, however if you would send us the 6-7 digit lot code number that is stamped in ink on the bottom or side of your product that information is very useful to us. Please include that information with your address info in your reply email if you can obtain it. Again, we apologize for this experience and for any inconvenience this has caused.
Burt’s Bees remains committed to being ‘seriously natural’ and to you, our consumer. We will continue to provide you with safe and effective earth-friendly natural personal care products. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is valuable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our products.

Best Regards,
Melanie
Consumer CareBurt's Bees Inc.1-800-849-7112 option 4
Mon-Fri 10AM-4:30PM EST
***MY RESPONSE November 19/2008***

RE: Product inquiry for Beeswax Lip Balm
Friday, November 21, 2008 10:17 AM
From: "Sarah Bertrand" sarahbertrand13@yahoo.com
To: "information"

Thank you so much! I eagerly look forward to receiving your fabulous product in the mail! Bee minions? Not this time? Who will do my bidding?
-Sarah Bertrand

lot code number 210801

No comments: