Saturday, January 17, 2009

My letter to Koodo



Dear Koodo,

My name is Sarah Bertrand, and I am a 25 year old professional mascot groomer, who has had enough with your flashy advertisements.

I understand that you're trying to be satirical, poking fun with the retro trendy vibe your campaign overtly screams, however it only succeeds in excreting an obnoxious, juvenile semblance that is only enhanced by the vibrant trashy colors that are spewed throughout your campaign.

"Jingle bells, contracts smell, the system access fee laid an egg." This, this Koodo, is your slogan for one of your ads.

The retribution I seek is for someone from your company to please email me immediately and explain to me what the hell that means.

I thank you for your time, and hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Sincerely,
Sarah Bertrand.

***RESPONSE: JANUARY 20TH, 2009***

Re: constructive criticismTuesday, January 20, 2009 2:47 PM
From: "Koodo Customer Service" Add sender to Contacts
To: "'sarahbertrand13@yahoo.com'"

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for contacting us. We sincerely regret to hear of your recent unsatisfactory experience with our ads, and we appreciate that you have taken the time to express your dissatisfaction.

Koodo Mobile is dedicated to providing the exemplary customer service that you deserve. Efforts are in place to monitor the service that we currently offer, and to further improve our customer relations in the future.

It is the feedback from customers, such as you, that will continue to guide us in this commitment. Complaints and suggestions received through emails are compiled and submitted in a monthly report, which serves as the basis towards planned improvements to existing services.

Sincerely,
Jennifer B

Koodo Mobile Customer Service
T: 1-866-99-KOODO E: customerservice@koodomobile.com
***EXTREME UPDATE: FEBRUARY 4, 2009***

I need to add that a representitive from Koodo actually came into my place of work to speak to me personally about my letter. He was fantastic, very fair, and actually complimented my writing! Koodo, regardless of my petty gripes, your customer service is impeccable. Well done.

1 comment:

chuck said...

I too deeply dislike Koodo's ads and website; and only signed up with them because they had the best deal.
I totally disagree with you about their customer service.
It so happened that my credit card was renewed; --horror of horrors--; so their stupid website doesn't accept it. There's no way to change the expiry date through their webpage. I emailed customer service and they told me the only way to fix the problem was to call 611. I spent about an hour listening to their stupid music and finally hanged up.
Since then I've tried multiple times to explain to them that unless they pay for my time, I will NOT call 611 again; but all they reply, like a broken record, is that I have to call 611. Two months have gone by, and I have no way to pay my bill.
All because they can't pay some guy $500 to fix their website to allow updating one's credit card expiry date?
Well, if they continue to treat me like I don't matter at all, I'll start a public awareness campaign that will cost them millions in lost business.
My advice to anyone is to stay away from Koodo if you plan to pay by credit card.