Friday, September 28, 2012

Sketch Launch at Glad Day Bookshop.


I was so nervous and overwhelmed last night, I feel as though I didn't properly do justice to showing the people who came out, and the people who performed, how much I appreciate them.

Thank you so much to Paul Bertrand, Jessiqua Clausen, Rob Schulz, and Oliver Ho for your wonderful performances, and really awesome readings. Although it was a small crowd last night, they were mighty and loyal. I'm beyond appreciative and honored that the four of you would be generous enough to lend your time and talents to an event that I hope you all felt was just as much yours as a launch for Sketch. Rob and Oliver, I'm so happy to be able to call you my friends, and working with you guys over the past year has been such a pleasure. I am eternal fans of you both. You are funny, weird, interesting, real, cool dudes, and I can't wait for future projects with you both. Thank you.

Oliver your comic is awesome, and although I haven't read your poetry book yet, I can't wait to, and it looks wonderful. I loved listening to your poems, and your easy vibe makes everything you do so enjoyable. You really were great. Thank you.

Rob, your leather jacket is so bad ass. Your life is so interesting, and sad, and funny, and real. And your comfort with yourself is admirable, and what makes you such a relatable, funny, awesome guy. Can't wait for your book.

Jess, you committed so hard to Adele's appearance, I've been telling people all day. You looked incredible, your voice is beautiful, and your performance was jerky and awesome. Thank you so much for agreeing to be a part of something so important to me, and supporting me by showcasing your talent and being down for any silly thing I threw at you. I'm a huge fan, and I can't wait to do something in the future with you.

Paul. I know for some reason you think that everything you do is just you helping me out, but your talent is so larger, it's ridiculous. I was absolutely floored that you not only agreed to be a part of my sketch, but you memorized the lines, and performed them as though you already were an actor. You were so funny, and silly, and really really great. I am so impressed with you, and so was everyone else. You are my very best friend, and way funnier than me, and I am thankful every day that I have you. Knowing that I have you in my corner makes everything easier, better, and more fun. I love you so much, and I can't wait to see what we're going to do next. Thank you.

Michael Erickson, thank you so much. For everything. I feel like I fit with Glad Day, and I can't wait for future events, projects, and fun with you guys. I hope you really do know how much I appreciate you all.

Mom, Karan, Anna, Willona, Kevin, Dominika, and Paula. I know you all have lives, and important things to do, and I just need you to know that it really makes my heart feel full that you took the time to come out and dedicate a few hours to support Inapark, and local talent. I definately know how lucky I am, and I know I'd be nothing if I didn't have people that cared, so thank you tremendously. I will never forget your support. Mom, thanks for the ride. And the spaghetti, and stopping at the LCBO. I love you to the moon and back. And Willona, thank you for saying that I'll be successful, and that I'm talented. I think about that stuff afterwards, and it's one of the few things that I can physically feel, in my head and in my heart.

Thank you to all the people who bought my book, and wished me luck. And thank you to all of the people that continue to support me, and my family. Much more to come. Thank you all. xo.

Sarah B.

No comments: