Saturday, December 20, 2008

My letter to The Midway State




Dear The Midway State,

My name is Sarah Bertrand, and I attended your show last night at The Phoenix in Toronto, when you opened up for Justin Nozuka. You put on a great show; even though my roommate and I were almost illegally intoxicated, you managed to keep our attention and we were even inclined to purchase your CD. This, The Midway State, is the nucleus of this predicament.

We were waiting for Nathan to sign our copy of, "Holes", to which he somewhat lethargically obliged. I got my copy signed, "To Sarah, Nathan Somethingscribbled". However my roommate "LINN", who is extremely sensitive and low functioning, received a hastily signed, "To LINA, Nathan Somethingscribbled". For the duration of the concert, I had to hold her and rock her to sleep in the back of the Phoenix concert theatre, due to the extreme anxiety that was thrown at her, like a pair of panties from one of your rabid fans. We ended up leaving the concert early, even though I am a huge Justin Niboozled fan, and I'd like some retribution, please. It'd be fantastic if you could please send us two new CDs. One labelled, "To Sarah: Our muse, our life. Thank you for inspiring every single song we have ever wrote, and ever will write." The second addressed to my unstable roommate, labelled, "To Linn: You have a beautiful name, and it does not have an 'a' at the end of it." And then write a short but sincere limerick, please. Then possibly send a couple of stickers, and maybe a few gift certificates to Swiss Chalet. You know, to fill the void.

Thank you so much for your time, and we look forward to hearing back from you guys. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

Sincerely,
Sarah Bertrand and Linn Mamoniw

***RESPONSE: December 21, 2008***

Re: Midwaystate.com ContactSunday, December 21, 2008 12:59 PM
From: "The Midway State" Add sender to Contacts To: sarahbertrand13@yahoo.com

Haha Hi Sarah. Sounds like you had a great time on Friday. As did we!

So, just to be clear: you're asking for two CDs because you're unhappy with
the ones you got signed? Did you lose them or are they broken in some way?

Happy holidays,
Daenen

***RESPONSE FROM ME: December 21, 2008***

Re: Midwaystate.com ContactSunday, December 21, 2008 1:19 PM
From: "Sarah Bertrand" View contact details To: "The Midway State"

Hi Daenen! Thanks for the speedy reply. My roommate didn't really have the best time at the concert! Remember? The crying and the devastation? I will be reasonable, The Midway State. If two new CDs are not within reason, if I received two autographed pictures, one for me and one for Linn, with outrageous and ridiculous dedications.. you would make my Christmas. Your band would stand out from all the rest, and you could all walk with your heads held high, knowing you pleased this impressionable aspiring crocodile wrangler. You could make me a lifetime fan. I have to go. I'm going to make a grilled cheese. Do you like grilled cheese? - Sarah Bertrand

***Received two not personalized pictures autographed by the entire band!!***

No comments: